These 5 Shoe Trends Are Everything, And These 5 Have Got to Go

I’m what you might call a shoe person. I love shoes, especially heels. As someone who stopped getting taller in the eighth grade I’ve always been on the short side so heels have been my best friend since I was 15 years old. I take my shoe game seriously, and while I’ve already admitted to being a heels-lover, I don't discriminate when it comes to great shoes. Sneakers, flats, sandals, boots, you name it, I’m into it. Shoes are the delicious cherry on top of every outfit and can either take your look up a notch or totally tank it.

With that said, I have been eyeing tons of shoe trends all summer, some have been a total hit and others… not so much. There are 5 shoe trends in particular that I can’t get enough of and 5 that I’m ready to ditch. The trends that I’m personally loving are platform heels, the surprising comeback of sleek wedges, thong sandals / flip flops, Cinderella inspired heels, and fisherman sandals. While chunky loafers, espadrilles, designer slides, lace up sandals, and sky high stilettos didn’t make the cut.

Keep scrolling to see what shoes I’m eyeing to help me stay on trend. 

It's safe to say I am a huge platform shoe fan. Full disclosure I am on the more petite side and a big heels wearer so these statuesque shoes don’t intimidate me. When it comes to this trend I know it’s not for everyone but I do encourage everyone to give these fun and bold shoes a try. For me, chunky loafers have just never really been the vibe. They can be great for a scholastic, new age Gossip Girl vibe but for this summer I’m going to have to pass.

I’m just as surprised as anyone that wedges are making a comeback. That being said, I am happily embracing the return of these summer shoes since theyre often super comfortable. It’s time to push those sky high stilettos to the side, this summer it's all about being cool and comfortable.

I used to not be the biggest fan of thong sandals or flip flops but recently I have had a change of heart. Especially these Gia Borghini shoes my fellow Who What Wear editor Eliza is sporting above. I remember just a few summers ago when everyone was rushing to get their hands on a pair of designer slides to sport around the pool and while traveling, I thankfully never participated in the trend so kicking these to the curb will be easier for me than others, but they’ve got to go.

Okay, I have to be honest. When I first started seeing fisherman sandals make their way into the closets of fashion people and in my Instagram feed I wasn't a fan. But slowly these ugly-yet-cool sandals are growing on me. I’m not sure if I’m cool enough to style these in my closet but I’m definitely down for the challenge. I used to love a good lace up sandal but lately they just feel a bit dated.

As many of you may know I’m a sucker for anything princesscore and these shoes fit the aesthetic perfectly. The glass slipper vibe that these sparkly, clear, heels have is so fun and chic. They're great for a holiday party but can also work for a summer party, a birthday look, or a fun vacation.

Next, check out these shopping guides.



from Who What Wear

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post