
As a chronically online editor, I've seen my fair share of "late summer reset" videos on Instagram and TikTok. For the uninitiated, this is a viral trend that treats August as a second new year—a nudge that it's not too late to check in on yearly goals and establish healthy habits. While I usually don't appreciate the pressure of constant self-reinvention that trends like this can put on people (myself included), this one feels different. It feels softer and more intentional—more like a reminder than a resolution.
While most late-summer reset videos involve deep cleaning, habit tracking, and the like, I'm a beauty editor, so naturally, I thought I'd apply it to my skin, hair, and makeup routines. Now is the perfect time to do it because Nordstrom's Anniversary Sale is on through August 9, with so many investment-worthy beauty products deeply discounted for the time being. Ahead, see the 11 on-sale items I'm adding to my cart to achieve better skin, hair, and makeup by fall.

I love little luxuries that elevate my day, and Prada's Hand Cream and Lip Balm are just that. They're chic, stylish, and most importantly, thoughtfully formulated to smooth, soften, and moisturize the delicate skin on the hands and lips. I'm a firm believer that this sophisticated set belongs in every bag and on every desk.

Speaking of little luxuries, I also love having a small hoard of eye patches on hand. I use them almost every morning to hydrate, de-puff, and do away with my chronic dark circles. While I've cycled through quite a few since summer started, this Augustinus Bader set is at the top of my wish list. The hydrogel eye patches are infused with hyaluronic acid, niacinamide, and TFC8 (the brand's proprietary blend of amino acids, high-grade vitamins and synthesized molecules) to holistically improve the appearance of under eyes in 20 minutes.

This is one of my favorite cleansers ever, which is saying a lot. Thanks to a glycerin and squalane-packed formula, plus amino acid-based surfactants, it dissolves sweat, oil, sunscreen, and residual makeup without stripping my skin.

If I'm buying the Ultra Facial Cleanser, you already know I'm adding the Ultra Facial Cream to my cart too. I've been using this on and off for over a decade. It's a tried-and-true formula that I recommend to basically everyone because it's so moisturizing, soothing, softening, and non-irritating. Formulated with glacial glycoprotein and olive-derived squalane, it strengthen the skin barrier and provides continuous hydration throughout the day.

If you know me, you know I'm basically the biggest fan of Phlur fragrances, and Vanilla Skin is one of my all-time favorites. It's warm, spicy, and sophisticated with notes of pink pepper, sugar crystals, jasmine, cashmere wood, vanilla, and sandalwood. So, in other words, the perfect summer-to-fall transition scent.

These eye shadow sticks are effortless. I'm talking about a "swipe them on, blend them out with your fingers, and you're good to go" level of effortlessness. And the shades couldn't be chicer. There's Cobblestone (matte taupe), Vanilla Kiss (matte cream), and Strapless (soft nude shimmer)—the perfect shades to wear alone or layer together.

I know a simple eye makeup formula will serve me well come fall. After an effortless eye shadow stick, all I need is a little eyeliner near the lash line, and a swipe of a fluttery mascara. That's why I'm also snagging this set, which includes a full-size Unlocked Instant Extensions Mascara in Ultra Black (a tubing mascara that delivers dramatic length, lift and definition) and a full-size Voyeur Waterproof Gel Eyeliner in Obsidian (a waterproof gel eyeliner that delivers 12-hour wear).

It wouldn't be a reset unless I stocked up on some elevated beauty basics. In this case, that's Living Proof's Perfect Hair Day Dry Shampoo Duo. It uses fast-absorbing powders to soak up oil and sweat with a clean scent and added volume and body. And it's deeply discounted right now. Need I say more?

Sleeping on a silk pillowcase might sound unnecessary or even extra, but trust me when I say it's so worth it. Silk creates less friction than cotton and other common fabrics, which means it gentler on the skin and hair (especially if you toss and turn while you sleep, like I do). For me, I can see the biggest difference in my hair when I sleep on a silk pillowcase. It's always smoother and shinier upon waking.

Speaking of smooth, shiny hair, I needed this Rahua bundle in my bathroom like yesterday. The Hydration Shampoo and Conditioner use sustainably sourced, moisture-rich Amazonian ingredients to nourish and smooth dry, thirsty strands. Meanwhile, the Hydration Detangler + UV Barrier provides extra hydration, effortless detangling, frizz control, and protection against UV rays and environmental stressors.

After my late-summer reset, you won't catch me with dry, inflamed skin. That's because I'm doubling down on moisturizers and investing in U Beauty's The Super Hydrator. It uses five (count 'em, five!) unique types of hyaluronic acid, as well as peptides and avocado, argan, and grapeseed oil to deliver skin-quenching moisture to the deeper layers of the skin. This will be my go-to formula when I re-introduce retinol into my routine in September and need to counteract its drying effects...

After a long summer spent (mostly) at the beach, the skin on my body is in need of some TLC too. That's why I'm adding Nécessaire's The Body Lotion to my Nordstrom cart. The smooth, lightweight lotion effortlessly into my skin and doesn't leave a greasy residue behind. Plus, it firms and strengthens the skin barrier with 2.5% niacinamide, five peptides, and lipid-rich plant butter and oils.
from Latest from Who What Wear