Makeup Artists Say These Drugstore Bronzers Work Just As Well As High End Buys

I don't know about you, but summer through fall is my personal peak season for using bronzers. Although I'm generally spending more time in the sun during these months, I'm more concerned with using my favorite sunscreen to block UV rays and prevent skin damage. So instead, I use bronzers as my secret weapon for sun-kissed skin

Over the years I've tried hundreds of formulas, but if there's one thing I know for sure, it's that drugstore bronzers can be just as good as splurge-worthy ones. Sure, it's nice to occasionally spend a little extra on a high-end formula, but when results are undeniably good, opting for a more affordable option is basically a no-brainer.

To save you an extensive search, I decided to chat with a makeup artist and my fellow beauty editors to put together a list of the eight best drugstore bronzers on the market right now. Trust me when I say, your wallet will thank you later.

The Best Drugstore Bronzers, at a Glance

The Best Drugstore Bronzers in 2026

Best Overall: Physicians Formula Butter Bronzer Murumuru Butter Bronzer

Runner Up: L'Oréal Infallible 24h Fresh Wear Soft Matte Bronzer

Best Lightweight Formula: E.l.f. Putty Bronzer

Best Matte Formula: Nyx Professional Makeup Buttermelt Bronzer

Best Natural Finish: Milani Silky Matte Bronzing Powder

Best Cream Formula: No. 7 Pro Artist Glow Cream Bronzer

Best Travel-Friendly Formula: L'Oréal Lumi Bronze Le Stick Soleil Bronzer

Best Budget: Sheglam Sun Beam Matte Liquid Bronzer-Earthy Sepia

How We Chose

As with all of our buying guides at Who What Wear, we compile our edits based on original testing and expert recommendations. To find the best drugstore bronzers, we leaned heavily on first-hand testing, industry insiders, and our knowledge as beauty experts. We also considered several factors, including shade range, size, finish, and customer reviews. We're aware of how important these factors are for a wide range of needs and preferences, so we made sure to list out all the helpful details.

Why Trust Who What Wear

At Who What Wear, we know that beauty isn't one-size-fits-all. Since 2006, our editors have tested thousands of products—including skincare, makeup, haircare, and nails—while also working closely with trusted experts, like renowned dermatologists, celebrity makeup artists, and other leading industry insiders. Together, this ensures every guide is well-researched, inclusive, and relevant to you.

Who What Wear has been a digital fashion, beauty, and lifestyle publication and community where people can discover the latest brands, trends, and must-have products to help define and evolve their personal style. Think of Who What Wear as your most trusted style and shopping resource.



from Latest from Who What Wear

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post